Zesty Paleo Chicken Marinade Recipe
Chicken is a go-to protein in my kitchen. It’s a healthier alternative to beef, and can be done in a ton of different ways. Since I eat it so often, I try to switch up how I cook and season it so I don’t get bored, and this marinade is one of my favorites.
I love Mexican-influenced flavors, and this dish always reminds me of Mexico. The chili powder and jalapeno give it a nice kick, and pair well with the mustard, citrus and coconut aminos.
While this dish isn’t the prettiest — once cooked it takes a dark green, muddy color — its super tasty and flavorful. Serve with some cauliflower rice, roasted veggies, or guacamole and you’ll feel like you’re south of the border.
Ingredients: Zesty Paleo Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Approx. 1 1/2 pounds organic, free-range chicken breasts
- Zest and juice of 6 limes
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 TB coconut oil, melted if in solid form
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 chopped jalapeno, seeds removed (optional)
- 1 TB chili powder
- Fresh pepper to taste
– Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until well-combined.
– Pour over chicken in plastic bag or container and marinade for 2 to 8 hours.
– Preheat grill to medium heat and cook breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on thickness; if you pound the chicken beforehand, cook for less time.
– Remove from heat and let meat rest for 5 minutes.
– Serve and enjoy!