‘Tastes Like a Cookie’ Blueberry-Cashew Flax Seed Bars
A new one pops up on the market what feels like every 10 seconds and I get why. There is a market for them. An easy snack/meal that fills you up and gives you a boost? Yes, please.
However, you have to be careful with certain bars if you are trying to stay on the healthy route. Some of them are loaded with processed sugars and ingredients, or have a exorbitantly high calorie count. And while there are some great alternatives on the market with low sugar and high nutrition — Health Warrior Chia bars are my favorite — nothing tastes as good as homemade, which is why I make my own.
I usually make these in all different flavors, but this combo is one of my favorites — everyone says they taste more like a cookie than an energy bar, hence the name — and the fact then when I make a big batch they never kick around for more than a day or two is a testament to their deliciousness. In addition: The Flax and Chia seed on top of the already energy-boosting, antioxidant-filled ingredients make these yummy little bars true powerhouses. Surge up.
“It Tastes Like a Cookie” Blueberry-Cashew Flax Seed Bars
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 2 TB flax seed (I prefer Carrington Farms)
- 2 TB Chia seed
- 1 TSP orange extract
- 1 TB coconut oil, melted
– Combine all ingredients in food processors and mix until a thick, sticky dough forms.
– Line an 8×4 baking loaf pan with parchment paper or use a silicone dish.
– Press dough into pan and refrigerate overnight.
– In the morning cut into desired bars and serve. Yum! (These can be stored in the fridge or at room temp for up to 12 days.)
Need more healthy snacks?