Sweet Paleo Roasted Carrots Recipe
Carrots have a major split personality — in a good way. They take on a whole new life when roasted. They go from being a crunchy, dense veggie to being awesomely sweet with a smooth, velvety texture. And while I love me some raw carrots coupled with some fresh guacamole or dip, roasted is my favorite way to enjoy this veggie. Hands down.
Further, the fact that this is super simple, totally Paleo, and requires minimal ingredients and virtually no prep only highlights its deliciousness.
Paleo Roasted Carrots Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut on a bias into 1 1/2 inch pieces (try to cut them all the same size so they cook evenly)
- 1 TB raw honey, warmed
- Salt (optional) and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 TB fresh thyme
- 2 TB coconut oil, melted if in solid form
- Juice of one small lemon
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Mix honey, salt, pepper, thyme, oil and lemon juice.
– Coat carrots with mixture and roast for 20- 25 minutes until tender
Want more healthy vegetable recipes?
– Tangy mayo-free coleslaw recipe