Summer Fresh Green Bean Salad Recipe
Summer is the season of the green bean. And I always take advantage of that, as everyone should.
While you can get green beans year-round, they really reach their plump, crisp, fresh potential in their prime season from June to September.
During those months, they are great on their own, but I also like to dress them up a bit with this fresh green bean salad. It’s light, healthy and perfect for summer; not to mention, easy and quick to throw together. I will occasionally add some toasted sliced almonds to this for a little texture, as well. Enjoy!
Summer Fresh Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (or halved grape tomatoes)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- 3 TB coconut oil, melted if in solid form
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted (optional)
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until slightly tender, but still toothsome, about 4 minutes.
– Drain and rinse beans under cold water.
– Whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper.
– Add tomato and avocado to a bowl with beans, top with dressing and toss to coat.
– Serve immediately. Yum!
Need more quick and easy recipes?