Simple Strawberry and Radicchio Salad Recipe
Raw radicchio can be a little too bitter and spicy for some, encouraging grilling or roasting it to mellow the taste. But when paired with sweeter dressings, greens and fruits in salads, raw radicchio can deliver an awesome — and delicious — contrast in flavors.
The sweetness in the Bibb lettuce and the strawberries do the job of mellowing the bitterness of the radicchio nicely here. And while strawberries are my preferred fruit to use in this salad, I have used mangos as well. Feel free to mix it up based on your preference.
If you’re are serving this as an entree, top it with some grilled chicken, salmon or steak.
Simple, Healthy Radicchio Salad Recipe
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 head Bibb lettuce
- Half of a medium red onion, diced
- 1 16oz container strawberries, cleaned and quatered
- 3 TB white wine vinegar
- 2 TB Dijon mustard
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
– Clean and chop or break radicchio and Bibb lettuce.
– Add diced onion and strawberries; toss to combine
– Mix vinegar, pepper, mustard and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Add to salad and toss to coat.
– Serve immediately.