Roasted Nutty and Healthy Eggplant Salad Recipe
This is a yummy and healthy way to enjoy eggplant that is perfect for this time of year when we are all waving goodbye (reluctantly) to summer and there is a bit of a chill in the air. It has a warm, hearty and creamy nuttiness to it without being too heavy.
While this recipe is great with your standard purple eggplant, I prefer to make it with white eggplant, which tends to have creamier and less bitter flavor than its more well-known relative. Enjoy!
Nutty and Healthy Eggplant Salad
- 2 white eggplants, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 TB coconut oil, plus 1 TSP additional
- 3 oz goat cheese, reserving 1 TB for garnish
- 1TB chopped fresh basil
- 2 TSP chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Chopped scallions, garnish
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 TB raw honey
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 2 TB white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TSP paprika
- 1 TB coconut aminos
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Cube eggplant into 2-inch pieces.
– Place eggplant in strainer in the sink and salt. Let eggplant sit for 15 minutes.
– Meanwhile, whisk together the raw honey, coconut oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, coconut aminos and fresh back pepper.
– Line baking sheet with foil, wipe away any additional water that has accumulated on the eggplant. Toss with remaining oil and cook for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and soft, checking and tossing it frequently.
– Remove eggplant from oven, and toss with marinade, chopped herbs, pecans and goat cheese. Sprinkle scallions over to garnish. Server warm. Enjoy!