Paleo Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Chia seeds — the new “super food” infamous for giving Chia Pets their grassy coats — have recently been given higher honors than the thing responsible for putting some “hair” on a clay dog, thanks to their extensive nutritional benefits.
Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids (700 times more than salmon), protein, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are also an excellent source of calcium, potassium, zinc and iron, and suggested to be responsible for boosting energy, lowering cholesterol, stabilizing blood sugar and easing digestion.
This no-bake Chia pudding will not only give you all the health benefits of this trendy superfood, but it’s also super simple to make, uses minimal ingredients, and will satisfy your sweet tooth. It also makes for a yummy, healthy breakfast topped with some fresh fruit and chopped nuts.
You can mix up this recipe in a ton of ways, using coconut milk instead of almond milk, or natural agave or maple syrup instead of raw honey, but this way is my preference. Get creative with toppings, or enjoy it plain; it’s delicious either way.
Ingredients: Paleo Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 TSP natural vanilla extract
- 2 TB raw honey
– In a blender, combine almond milk, banana, vanilla and raw honey
– When ingredients are combined, whisk in Chia seeds
– Transfer pudding mixture to small serving dishes — sometimes I use mason jars, as well — and chill for 8 hours.
– Add toppings of choice and serve!