Paleo Crispy Carrot Popcorn Chips!
You can, however, do a veggie chip. Are they as yummy as a potato chip? While the answer to that is a matter of personal opinion, I can assume many would say, “No.” I wont lie. But one thing you can bet on is that these chips won’t make you feel shitty like some of those greasy processed ones might, which is one reason why they will always get my vote as a snack of choice. Eat up.
One thing to keep in mind when prepping your carrots is how you cut them. You want to be sure you cut them very thin and even so they crisp up. Using a mandolin, food processor or very sharp knife will work. Also, keep in mind that these will shrink a bit, so if you are looking for more of a chip-size veggie, cut your carrots on a long bias; if you cut them into coins, they will curl up and shrink, making them more like popcorn than a chip, which is how I prefer to eat them, but to each his own. Enjoy!
Paleo Crispy Carrot Popcorn Chips Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, washed and sliced
- 2 TB coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Wash and slice carrots.
– Transfer to a bowl and coat with oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
– Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat
– Cook for approximately 20 minutes — checking often — or until carrots are crispy.
– Serve immediately.