Hold the Mayo: Dairy-Free Deviled Eggs Recipe
Thankfully, these little eggs made my way are a welcomed alternative to their mayo-heavy originator, replacing it’s fattiest counterpart with fresh avocado for a still-creamy, but less-lardy appetizer. I have made these for a few gatherings and they always get gobbled up before anyone has the time to think, “Where’s the mayo?” Welcome to the deviled egg of the new age; your waistline will thank you.
Ingredients: Dairy-Free Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 2 avocados
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (see recipe for the perfect hard-boiled egg)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 2 TB chopped cilantro
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 TSP garlic powder
- Paprika, for garnish
– Slice hard boiled eggs down the middle and carefully scoop out yolks; reserve whites.
– Mash together avocado and egg yolks.
– Add lime, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, pepper, tomato, garlic powder; mix to combine.
– Scoop avocado/yolk mixture into the whites of the eggs.
– Sprinkle with paprika (optional) and serve.