Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Tis’ the season for putting pumpkin spice flavor on every. dish. imaginable. And I love it. Well, within reason. I’ve seen pumpkin spice-flavored popcorn. I just can’t get behind that one. But coffee, more specifically, lattes, I’m in love.
Nothing reminds me more of fall — which would be my favorite season if it only lasted longer — than a hot, creamy pumpkin spice latte, and a flannel; I love a good flannel, too. The only problem? If you get a pumpkin spice latte from a coffee shop there is really no pumpkin in it — or anything else that isn’t processed sugary crap.
Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 TB pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 TB organic vanilla extract
- 2 TB raw honey
- 1 TB pure maple syrup
- 1 TSP pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups espresso or dark brew coffee
-Combine all ingredients, excluding coffee, in a sauce pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until frothy.
– If milk mixture is not foamy to your liking, you can use an immersion blender in the pot to create foam.
– Fill mugs half way with milk mixture and then top with coffee/espresso. Sprinkle a little extra spice on top and enjoy!