‘Happy Summer’ Spice Rub for Burgers
Outdoor grilling is the best and I love me some summer burgers on the grill. This spice rub is my usual for a burger. Its flavorful and has a little heat, but not too much to turn those off with a tamer taste for spiciness, and it goes great on a turkey, beef or chicken burger.
I usually enjoy these burgers on a lettuce bun with a pickle and some avocado or over a bed a greens. The recipe usually makes enough to season about 4 burgers.
“Happy Summer” Spice Rub for Burgers
- 4 lean, 1/2-inch thick hormone-free grass fed burgers (beef, turkey or chicken will do)
- 1 TB white pepper
- 1 TB fresh black pepper
- 1/2 TB cayanne
- 1 TB oregano
- 1 TB paprika
- 1 TB garlic powder
- Salt to taste
– Preheat grill to about 400 degrees (or a grill pan or skillet will work at medium-high heat)
– Brush burgers with olive oil and season generously on both sides. Let sit for 20 minutes.
– Grill for about six minutes on one side, 4 minutes on the other for a medium burger.
– Let sit, wrapped in foil, for 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Need more summer recipes?