Drink up! Cucumber-Citrus Detox Water Recipe
Water is fantastic. It’s delicious, hydrating and healthy, but it can also be a bit — eh, boring.
Considering, I love to mess around with water add-ins that not only amp up the flavor but boost the nutritional value as well: raspberries, watermelon, cucumber, grapefruit, rosemary, mint, apple cider vinegar? Sure.. throw it in there. Boring water no more! This recipe is one of my favorite infused waters for a variety of reasons. It is immensely refreshing and hydrating; its a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients; it has major detoxifying properties; and, lastly, it’s delicious. Drink up!
Ginger is great for digestion and boosting your metabolism. Lemons are anti-inflammatory detoxifiers that also aid in digestion. Grapefruits are packed with vitamins and add fiber — not to mention flavor. Cucumbers aid in hydration, add additional vitamin C on top of the lemons and grapefruit, and also have detoxifying properties. The mint adds a touch of sweet without the sugar. Enjoy 🙂
Cucumber-Citrus Detox Water Recipe
- 1/2 medium grapefruit, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large lemon
- 1 TB peeled, grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 gallon water
– Add sliced cucumber, grapefruit, mint leaves and grated ginger to large pitcher.
– Slice lemon in half, and using a lemon squeezer, add lemon juice to pitcher, one half at a time.
– Pour water over mixture.
– Let sit overnight.
Need more tasty, healthy beverages?