Dairy Free Smoothie Recipe: Raspberry and Chocolate Hazelnut
And if you can feed that craving without processed sugars or artificial ingredients, you are doing something right.
Ever since I made my diet “clean” I always turn to the natural sugars in fruits, raw honey and maple syrup to sweeten treats, and this recipe is no different. It incorporates chocolate hazelnut butter and an added almond butter “sauce” topper, so it is just the right amount of sweet and is super filling.
As with all my smoothie recipes, using frozen fruits is a must. When you add ice you are essentially adding water; and who wants a watery shake or smoothie? Ick.
I usually make small portions of this, serving in a small glass; this recipes makes about 3 small portions.
Dairy Free Smoothie Recipe: Raspberry and Chocolate Hazelnut (serves 3)
- 2.5 TB chocolate hazelnut butter
- 2.5 TB almond butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, plus 1/4 cup for sauce
– Heat 1/4 cup almond milk and almond butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until well mixed. If sauce seems to thick or too runny, add additional butter/milk until you reach the consistency of your liking. Turn heat to low while making smoothie.
– Add all remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
– Sift smoothie through a strainer to remove seeds; transfer to glass and drizzle almond butter sauce over. Enjoy!
Want more smoothies or shakes?