The Dairy-Free ‘No Mayo’ Egg Salad Recipe
This dairy-free “no mayo” egg salad isn’t missing the mayo — even a little. Even those of you who actually like mayo will find it delicious. I promise. Plus, it is vastly more nutritious than its mayo-filled relative, so not only will it have you looking good, but it will keep you feeling good as well. There is also no added fat in my recipe — some similar recipes call for a lot of oil — and the egg and avocado combo make this super filling, so a little goes a long way.
For those of you who are grain-free like me, I usually enjoy this with a lettuce wrap or over some sliced tomato, but it also makes a great sandwich. Enjoy!
This recipe makes a large portion — approximately 5 or 6 large servings
Dairy-Free ‘No Mayo’ Egg Salad Recipe (serves 6 to 8)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 9 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 TB fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
– Using potato masher, smash together avocados and eggs.I like to leave the eggs in slightly larger chunks.
– Add lemon juice, celery, parsley, Dijon, and salt and pepper. Toss until completely combined.
– Serve over lettuce and tomato, in a lettuce wrap or as a sandwich. Yum!
Want more dairy-free recipes?