Fruit and Nut Chia Seed Bars Recipe
I’m always trying to incorporate Chia seeds into my diet; I sometimes sprinkle them over my eggs or make them into a pudding, but this way is by far one of my favorites. These Chia seed bars are super simple to make and are packed with nutrients. A yummy mix of mainly Chia, organic dried fruit and nuts, these little bars are sweet, have good texture, and are super filling, making them great for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or a hearty snack. These all-natural bars are an excellent source of omega-3’s, fiber, antioxidants and energy, and are lacking any fillers or processed sugars found in other over-the-counter energy bars. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Fruit and Nut Chia Seed Bars Recipe
- 1 cup organic dates (dried)
- 1 cup organic cranberries (dried)
- 1/2 cup organic apricots (dried)
- 3 TB organic, unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 TB coconut oil
– Combine dates, cranberries, apricots, coconut oil, orange extract and coconut in food processor until thickened.
– Add almonds and Chia seeds and pulse until evenly incorporated.
– Line a baking dish with parchment paper and press dough with fingers into the dish.
– Refrigerate overnight.
– Remove mixture from pan and pull off the wax paper. Slice into smaller, bite-size servings or larger bars. These can also be made in advance and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Want more healthy snacks?