Cauliflower ‘Rice’ recipe
Cauliflower rice saved the day.
While there’s a substantial difference in taste compared to the real thing — I won’t lie — it’s a great substitute.
One of the fun things about cauliflower rice is you can spice it however you want and match it’s flavor profile with whatever you’re serving. Sometimes I’ll cook it up with a little cumin and coriander, or with some fresh pepper and basil, but this simple cauliflower rice recipe highlights how I enjoy it most often. It’s easy, yummy, and can pretty much be paired with anything — a win, win, win.
Ingredients: Cauliflower rice recipe
- – One head cauliflower rice
- – One shallot, minced
- – 1 tsp garlic powder
- – fresh black pepper to taste
- – Coconut Oil
– Clean cauliflower head and remove stem and leaves
– Rice the cauliflower by either cutting it into medium-sized chunks and processing it in the food processor for a few seconds, or you can manually rice it with a large cheese grater. I tend to prefer the food processor method because it is easier, not as messy, and I think it gives a better consistency. Either way will work, though.
– Heat up some coconut oil in a pan over medium heat, and when hot throw your minced shallots in a let them sweat a bit.
– Add riced cauliflower with garlic powder and black pepper.
– Cook for about 5 minutes, stiring occasionally.
– Serve hot (yum!)