The Best Green Juice Recipe for Everyday
A while back — after discovering all the processed crap and unnecessary additives that are thrown into so many store-bought juices — I opted to make own, and soon became semi-obsessed. I normally drink a small fresh juice a day — making them in advance and storing a weekly supply in mason jars in the fridge — and I’m constantly experimenting with different fruit and veggie combos.
This green juice is one of my favorites.
It super hydrating, detoxifying (cumber, celery and cilantro) and energizing (spinach, broccoli), and the pear and apple give this a little sweetness along with additional vitamins and nutritional benefits. Juice up!
The Best Green Juice Recipe (makes 5 small servings)
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- Stems from 1 broccoli head (You could use the florets, as well, but you get more juice from the stems, so I normally cook the florets and save the stems for juicing).
- Handful of spinach
- Approx. 1/2 inch slice of ginger
- Bunch of cilantro
- 4 small apples
- 2 small pears
- 3 stalks celery
- lemon wedges (optional)
– Clean fruits and veggies.
– Peel cucumber and core apples and pears.
– Add fruits/vegetables — excluding lemon — to the juicer.
– Mix and add a wedge of lemon juice (optional) when ready to serve or transfer to airtight containers and refrigerate for later. Enjoy!