Paleo Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
I am a fan of anything honey mustard-flavored, but I am especially partial to this chicken recipe because it is super simple, healthy, and basically fail-proof, giving you a ton of flavor with minimal prep time.
I normally use whole grain Dijon mustard, but other types of mustard will do, as well. If you decide to go with skin-on or bone-in chicken instead, I would up the marinade time to 4 – 6 hours to get a bit more flavor. You could also throw the chicken on the grill or in a pan for about 5 minutes per side as opposed to baking them. This dish goes great with just about anything, but I normally pair it with fresh veggies like Brussels sprouts or over salad. It’s also delicious cold. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 4 to 5 TB raw honey (I prefer Y.S. Organic Bee Farms brand)
- 1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 – 3 rosemary sprigs
- Fresh black pepper, salt to taste
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Whisk lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, mustard, ginger and pepper in bowl and then pour over chicken in a plastic freezer bag, toss to coat. Marinade up to 2 hours in the fridge.
– Transfer chicken to oven-safe dish and arrange rosemary springs around the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes, covered with foil, and then remove foil and rosemary and continue baking for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and slightly brown on top, basting throughout with marinade in pan.
– Wrap chicken in foil to let it rest and boil down remaining sauce in pan until 1/4 cup remains. Spoon over chicken and serve over cauliflower rice, salad or with some fresh veggies. Yum 🙂