Healthy Asian Pork and ‘Rice’ Stir-Fry Bowl
This recipe of sweet and slightly spicy pork paired with fresh veggies and warm cauliflower rice is seriously delicious.
My husband is a huge Chinese takeout junkie, so I often try to make some Asian-influenced dinners to try and satisfy his cravings. This recipe usually does the job in holding him over — and it certainly surpasses any order of greasy Chinese takeout. Ick.
Ingredients: Healthy Asian Pork and ‘Rice’ Bowl (makes 2 servings):
- Boneless pork cutlets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Approx. 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- Approx. 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 orange bell pepper, loosely chopped
- Approx.1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- Coconut oil
- Cauliflower rice
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 TB freshly grated ginger
- 1 TB cumin
- 1 TB hot red chili paste
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- fresh pepper and salt to taste
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees – Combine coconut aminos, sugar, garlic, ginger, cumin, chili paste, rice vinegar, salt and pepper in bowl and transfer to plastic bag with pork. Marinade for at least 2 hours. – Melt coconut oil in pan and add minced garlic and chopped onion. – When onion is translucent, add chopped pepper and peas, cook until they begin to soften and then add mushrooms, broccoli, salt and pepper to taste.
– When vegetables are soft, remove from heat and set aside. – Melt coconut oil in cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork from marinade and set remaining marinade aside. Sear for two minutes on each side and then transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 minutes. – While pork is cooking, prepare cauliflower rice. – Transfer remaining marinade to pan and bring to a broil until thickened slightly. Set aside. – When pork is finished cooking, remove from pan and wrap in foil to rest. – While pork is resting, transfer pre-cooked veggies to cast-iron skillet that pork cooked in over medium heat, scrapping the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add marinade to pan and coat veggies. – Slice pork and serve over cauliflower rice and veggies; sprinkle with sesame seeds. – Enjoy!