‘Hoping For Summer’ Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad
And as the days get longer here in New England and my house starts to look less like an igloo and more like a home, I’m starting to get especially anxious for the first signs of spring.
I stole this salad recipe from my sister — only making some Paleo-friendly additions of my own — and making it this time of year was with a bit of wishful thinking — I was feeding into my end-of-winter angst — as it is very summer-like, anything with watermelon is, in my opinion. But no matter, as it is delicious whether there is sun in the sky or snow on the ground.
Just pretend you are enjoying it by the pool with a glass of chilled white wine in hand — the power of positive thinking, right?
‘It’s Almost Summer’ Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad
- Juice of two oranges
- Juice 2 two lemons
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 TB raw honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 12 oz bag of baby arugula
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 12 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup julienne mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
– Combine lemon and orange juice, shallot, salt, pepper and honey in a bowl, using a handheld blender, combine ingredients and then slowly add olive oil while blending. Set aside.
– Combine arugula, watermelon, mint and cashews in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Gently toss in goat cheese and serve immediately.
Want more summer-inspired recipes?