Dark Chocolate Chip Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread takes me back to my childhood. I love it. It reminds me of my grandmother. And it’s also one of those desserts that for whatever reason it’s totally acceptable to eat it for breakfast. Love that.
This Paleo banana bread recipe is a lot cleaner than the Entenmann’s boxed banana bread that my grandma always had on hand, but it is still delicious. The dark chocolate is optional if that isn’t your thing, but I love, love, love the combination or dark chocolate and banana. Yum.
Chocolate Chip Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
(makes about 8 slices)
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, melted
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
– Mash bananas with fork and then add vanilla, raw honey and almond butter.
– Fold eggs into mixture one at a time until fully combined.
– Add all dry ingredients and mix until combined.
– Pour mixture into pan and cook for 30 – 35 minutes or until top is browned and toothpick comes out clean.
– Let banana bread cool for 30 minutes to an hour before slicing. You can also store in the fridge before serving.