KC’s Paleo Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
This shaved Brussels sprout salad is credited to my sister KC. She made it for my nephews’ birthday party awhile back and it has slowly become a family-favorite, popping up at the majority of our family parties ever since.
She normally uses some grated Parmesan cheese and olive oil, so I switched it up a bit to make it more Paleo-friendly and added a few extra ingredients to give it a bit more substance. It is super light, perfect for summer and is always a crowd-pleaser. My immediate family — including kids and in-laws — exceeds 30, so I don’t use the term “crowd-pleaser” loosely; that’s a lot of stomachs to please.
K.C’s Paleo Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
- Approx. 30 Brussels sprouts, trimmed ends and wilted leaves removed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 4 slices uncured turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 TB coconut oil
- 4 TB apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 4 small lemons
- 2 TB Dijon mustard
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
– Using a food processor fitted with a slicer blade, slice the cleaned and trimmed Brussels sprouts.
– In a large bowl, mix sliced sprouts, toasted nuts, turkey bacon and cranberries.
– In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, black pepper and salt (if desired), cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
– Slowly add dressing to salad and toss until dressed to your preference. Enjoy!